Director of Project Control
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
• Over 30 years of experience in machine engineering, installation, and start up.
• In-depth knowledge of engineering drawings and electrical, mechanical, and service specifications.
• World-wide experience in Project Management including budgeting, planning, time management, and record keeping.
• Proficient with Microsoft Project planning software, some Autocad.
• Very strong writing skills in reporting, spreadsheets, timelines, Powerpoint.
• Wide experience with the production demands of the customer.
• Design, Install, and Troubleshooting of automated control systems, PLC Allen Bradley programs, AC VFD’s, DC drives, electrical control panels and HMI’s, AC and DC power, low and high voltage.
• Strong awareness of Health and Safety requirements.
• World-wide travel experience
• Experienced in Spanish and Portuguese (not fluent).
Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering – College of Lake County, IL.
Various software, drives, and Business Management courses.
Lighthouse Consulting & Restoration Services 2015 – Present
Director of Project Control
• Coordinate and manage consulting operations and financials for multiple insurance companies loss claims
• Participate in machinery loss claim consulting and reporting in various industries including Printing, Packaging, Injection Molding, Material Handling, Telecommunication, & Waste Water Treatment.
• Manage restoration projects when applicable and coordinate with restoration contractors and project managers
• Responsible for talent search to grow the department with skilled machinery consultants
Quad Graphics, Taunton, MA. 2012 – 2015
• Responsible for 2 plants totaling over 500,000 sq. ft.
• Over 40 direct reports in Maintenance of all systems in both plants including Press, Imaging, Finishing and Building and Grounds
• Project manage equipment moves and installs
Skyline Graphic Services, Palmer Lake, CO. 2008 – 2012
VP of Field Operations
• On and off-site Management of all SGS projects & personnel. Project Manager for one year project moving equipment from Boston Globe newspaper plant to various other plants.
• Provide quotations for future projects.
• Provide electrical and mechanical engineering support.
• Start up of electrical systems and drives.
Fortner Graphic Solutions, Nevada, MO. 2006 – 2008
VP of Sales & Engineering
• Interface with customers to secure new project work.
• Provide quotations for new projects.
• Provide electrical and mechanical engineering for all projects.
• Management of all projects.
International Controls, St. Thomas, USVI 2003 – 2006
• Provide contract engineering, sales, and start up services for installation contractors. Project Management of multiple machine installations.
• Provide technical sales assistance.
Quebecor World, Montreal, Quebec 1996 – 2003
Director of Engineering – Latin American Group
• Manage new plant start up in Recife, Brazil.
• Responsible for Maintenance and Engineering in Recife, Brazil.
• Resolve production and maintenance issues in Mexico City plant.
• Manage press relocation from Santiago, Chile to Corby, England.
• Provide engineering support for all South American plants.
Corporate Project Manager
• Manage multiple projects involved in the consolidation of the Quebecor Retail group with recently acquired World Color Plants
• Provide budgets for plant consolidations
• Gather quotations for all work required in plant moves.
Plant Engineer – Loveland, CO.
• Responsible for all plant maintenance and engineering including Boilers, Compressors, Waste Handling, & Chillers.
• Project Management of 3 press installations.
• Assisted Corporate Engineering with management of various International projects.
International Controls, Cary, IL. 1991 – 1996
• Managed conversion of all Komori America Web presses to Allen Bradley controls and provided start up services including a one year project in the UK.
• Wrote complete press control specification for Komori Web presses.
• Provided engineering and start up services for Goss Rockwell on International projects, including a year long plant start up in Caracas, Venezuela.
• Provide PLC retrofits and commissioning on various presses for a wide variety of customers.
Baker Perkins Printing Machinery, Schaumburg, IL. 1980 – 1991
Product Development Manager
• Liaison between Engineering and Sales Departments in North America and the Engineering Design Group in Peterborough, England.
• Resolved mechanical and electrical design flaws in Baker Perkins presses.
• Provided information to N. American management and Field service on new designs.
Field Service Manager
• Responsible for scheduling, reporting, and budgeting for all new press installations.
Electrical Field Service Engineer
• Electrical start up management and troubleshooting for the BP press lines – G14, G16, G16CW, Gemini.
Prior to entering the Printing Industry with Baker Perkins, I was an electrical contractor in the Chicago area