James J. Carides
President, Principal Consultant – Strategy One, LLC
Strategically focused business leadership of; Innovation, Product Development, Operational Excellence, and, Corporate Management.
Operations Management & Organizational Leadership
Consultation, Presentations and Executive Negotiations, Strategic Alliances, Joint Venture, DBA, Merger/Acquisitions, Regulatory Compliance / Safety: EU,FDA,AIB,RoHS,CPSIA, Environmental Impact, ROI, P&L, AR / AP Management
Research & Development, Products and Technology
New Product Development from Concept to Market Launch, Life-Cycle Analysis and Transitional Strategy Planning, Full-Spectrum CPG, Fraud, Counterfeit, and Liability Testing, Competitive Surveillance and Strategic Market Positioning
Corporate Consultation and Strategy
Intellectual Capitol Resource Optimization, Business Process Integration and Management, Core Competency Marketability Leverage, Product Portfolio Growth and Integration
Business Development / Sales & Marketing
Trade Show Hosting and Visibility Preparation, Project Management for Key Growth Markets, Creative Sessions and Media Coordinated Launches, Prospect Generation, Sales Presentation, and Retention
• Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Burlington County College, Pemberton, N J
• CSWS / NJDEP, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
• PMP, Technical Project Management TPM, Creative Thinking, Strategic Planning
• Managing Technical Professionals, Product Transformation, American Management Assoc, Atlanta, GA
• IIC-USPTO – USF, Tampa, FL
American Bar Association
Senators Business Advisory Council
Instructor, Program Adjunct; Gainesville College / University of Georgia
Inventor, UNITED STATES and INTERNATIONAL PATENTS
Strategy One, LLC – PRESIDENT, PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT – Present
• Consultative engagements in Executive and Project Management, Business Development, Regulatory, and Legal.
• Lighthouse Consulting / Graphic Innovators; Disaster Recovery Program management & Capital asset Mgmt.
• Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, SC,: retained SME for document security and Expert Witness.
• Convergent Label Technology; Consultant, Subject Matter Expert, Legal, Intellectual Property and Capital.
• Sunbelt Sales & Mktg, Assoc.; Business Development, Sales, Trade Marketing, Compliance, IP – SME.
• Scientific Games Int’l, Inc. v Oberthur Gaming Technologies Corp., Secure Document / Gaming elements Intellectual Property retained SME – Jones Day, LLP
• RayPress Corp – VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS, R & D, and TECHNOLOGY – 2007-2013
• Established new financial practices that resulted in positive cash flow, and increased working capital >20%.
• Strategic oversight of client projects including; Old Navy, E Prize, Outback, Microsoft, and South West Airlines resulting in new and repeat client engagements, improved operating margins, and positive response rates / lift.
• Restructured business unit and quality standards to elevate client satisfaction ratings from <30% to >98%.
• Transformed analog processor infrastructure to digital technologies achieving a rapid ROI with reduced manufacturing waste and 30% improvements in client approval cycle times.
• Oversight and accountability of production programming and variable imaging of high-value consumer based promotional elements and security documents.
• Developed methods and standards for manufacturing microencapsulated fragrance delivery devices for packaging and promotional applications including Yankee Candle, and SC Johnson.
• Developed patent pending technologies to create Green applications in consumer friendly Biodegradable delivery devices in new market segments for food and household products clients.
• Redesign and creative leadership of Creative Services group to excel in current engagements, and expand future technology in Software, Proofing, Hardware, Processors, and Workflows contributing to new value propositions.
• Direct oversight of regulatory compliance criteria and laboratory analysis related to client compliance requests and advanced performance standards resulting in broader market opportunities in key markets.
• Oversight of client experience / performance regarding technical sales, creative, quality, logistics, and financials.
Convergent Label Technology – VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS, and TECHNOLOGY / R&D – 2002-2007
• Design product development initiatives to reduce overall time-to-market cycles by 60% which enabled more rapid qualification cycles and accelerated fiscal ROI.
• Established and achieved strategic business initiatives to energize new product portfolios and client base.
• Initiate and nurture strategic relationships with key business partners including HP, Lexmark, Wal-Mart, Kroger, and CVS, to enable a fluid transition of technology as new products / services are offered.
• Assemble, and oversee cross-functional associate teams to ensure product / data integrity and functionality from initial concept, to finished goods and field execution.
• Sales, marketing and product development management for key national clients within the Retail, Food, Beverage, Pharmacy, and Electronics markets leading to successful contract awards.
• Oversight and accountability for Operations, Quality Assurance, and Research & Development for all manufactured products, developmental projects, and consumer product testing.
• Managed Intellectual Property and successfully supported litigation techniques through graphic animation.
• Justify and allocate corporate capital funds for legal contingencies and key developmental projects, which enhance, or establish core competencies for the corporation.
• Advise corporate board and senior management team on technical matters pertaining to growth strategies, counsel, contingency plans, investments, acquisitions, and competitive technologies.
• Implement product procedures for raw goods to enable an uninterrupted / failsafe product flow for pharmacy based products resulting in greater annual sales and increased profitability.
• Research and author “White Papers” for corporate board investment in concept integration teams regarding new business opportunities in RFID, and related strategic markets.
Dittler Brothers Inc. – DIRECTOR, RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT – 1993 – 2002
• Innovated new product strategies for promotional marketing programs by incorporating interactive elements, dermatological, and toxicologically compliant adhesives, reactive inks, scratch-off and conductive chemistry.
• Developed strategic client relationships in key markets with purchasing, marketing, and engineering teams to promote the sale of new products and services, which significantly enhanced corporate profitability.
• Developed unique marketable products for Promotional Game partners, Direct Mail response markets, Lottery jurisdictions, Postal service contracts and Electronic technologies.
• Initiated key developmental projects involving interactive Internet formats ITVM’s, CD / DVD, interactive TV broadcasting, and integrated media for promotional and involvement devices.
• Orchestrated strategic creative sessions to attain critical paths for aggressive and successful corporate growth opportunities with our associate teams, advertising agencies, and key client partners.
• Technical sales to Fortune clients and respective ad agencies, working extensively with Coca-Cola, Frito-Lay, D.L. Blair, WCJ, Taco Bell, and Simon Mktg / McDonalds on project scopes of $100,000 to >$5,000,000
• Developed departmental budgets, strategic business plans, and justified capital funding for new business growth, manufacturing equipment, intellectual property, and key developmental projects.
• Engaged marketing & advertising partners in essential creative sessions to derive element selection, thematic attributes, positioning, objectivity, and execution related to launch, media tie, and break date.
• Initiated design, staffing, and management of R&D testing laboratory for all projects and quality initiatives including intrinsic security, compromise deterrence, and CPG / consumer product testing.
• Justification and allocation of divisional and corporate capital funding for legal contingencies and key developmental projects, which enhance existing or establish new core competencies for the corporation.
• Evaluated potential corporate property acquisitions, strategic alliances, joint venture opportunities and partnerships by leveraging core developmental competencies with other industry leaders.
• Initiated and monitored competitive surveillance techniques for all current and developmental product markets utilizing the Internet, intellectual property, proprietary databases, and public domain resources.
• Innovated life cycle and performance testing criteria for packaging applications to anticipate full spectrum and adverse impact conditions, consumer friendliness and liability potential.
• Developed covert security elements, for Fraud, Counterfeit, and Validation investigations aided by gas chromatography, photo-microscopy and various chemical / physical lab compromise techniques.
Patton Div. – Revlon Inc. – PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERING MANAGER – 1983 – 1993
• Oversaw and assisted engineers engaged in designs, and developing AutoCAD macro commands, and advised technicians in spectral modifications of imaging for optimum reproduction with Scitex systems.
• Initiated the development of new products, techniques, and processes for patent submission.
• Determined and defined Gamma enhancements optimizing reproduction quality of process engravings.
• Initiated environmental impact planning of Commingled Packaging with assistance from the CSWS (Washington, DC), D.E.P., F.D.A., and Rutgers University.
• Member, Senators Business Advisory Council directing governmental regulations for corporate entities
• Established contracts for foreign & domestic suppliers to ensure a cost effective portfolio of materials.
• Approved compliance; Controlled Substances, F.D.A., Foreign Ministry, Toy Council, and Military Std
• Established criteria for development projects regarding cost-efficiency, enhancement, and tamper evidence.
• Evaluated technical requests for packaging development, accelerated-age testing, and simulated thermal photography for shrink films and pressure sensitive materials.
• Evaluated alternative international suppliers for the purpose of cost reductions and reduced lead times.
• Developed specifications for die and embossing tools for Flexo, Letterpress and Gravure equipment.