- Site inspection of the insured’s elevator in a nine-story historic building.
- Gather and review information regarding the elevator breakdown loss.
- Determine the elevator machines repairability.
- If restorable, determine scope of work to be completed, timeframe.
- ILC thoroughly inspected the various damaged equipment to determine if it was restorable to pre-loss condition.
- Photographic record and documentation of the loss and damage was gathered.
- ILC acquired and compared two repair proposals. Vendor one proposed $84,457 and vendor two proposed $108,673.
- ILC’s thorough inspection of the insureds’ loss revealed that it was restorable to pre-loss condition utilizing vendor number ones lower cost proposal.
- A total of $24,126 were saved by sourcing LKQ parts from the vendor one to accomplish the repair.